Calathea Makoyana is quite a small species of prayer plant with beautiful, colourful leaves. While it may not be the easiest plant to care for, it is definitely worth the effort.
This houseplant has a curious habit of raising and lowering its leaves over the course of a day.
Needs Extra Love and Caring
Full Shade Tolerant
Peacock Plant Care Tips
Sun & Light
About Peacock Plant
Goeppertia Makoyana , Calathea Makoyana For Sale Egypt, Peacock Plant For Sale Egypt , Goeppertia Makoyana For Sale Egypt. Goeppertia Makoyana, Peacock Plant, Prayer plant, Cathedral windows.
Previously known as: Calathea makoyana
The Calathea makoyana is known commonly as the peacock plant as its memorable patterned leaves are said to resemble the feathered tail of a peacock. This evergreen perennial is not only stunning, but also an exceptional air purifier in your indoor plant collection.Calathea Makoyana For Sale Egypt
To See Your Peacock Plant Happy!
Happiness Happens Here!
If you’re buying this plant as a special gift, we’ll enclose a free, handwritten card with your order. Just smile, and note your message at the basket stage of the checkout and we’ll do the rest!
Peacock Plant, Makoyana, Prayer plant, Cathedral windows
Mature Height & Spread
Why We Love Peacock Plant
– Calathea is one of the most intriguing plants in the looks department.
– The healthy Calathea works as a moisture booster in the surrounding. The leaves of Calathea are pretty good at trapping moisture from the surroundings as well. If you want your Calathea to be full of moisture the way it likes, you need to mist it with a spray can at least once a week.
– Calathea is Pet-friendly.
– Calatheas are Dust Trappers, You must be so sick and tired of vacuuming your house every day because the dust particles won’t stop floating and settling inside your home. Many plants have magical leaves that work to trap dust particles in the air. Calathea is one of them.
Calathea has large and waxy leaves that are very efficient in trapping dust around your house. Not only dust, but they also trap Particulate Matter (PM).
– Calathea is known to relieve stress. This may sound absurd, but looking at this plant for a few minutes only can relieve the stress from the hard and long day at the office.
Peacock Plant Story
– Many Calatheas follow a process called nyctinasty, where their leaves furl up at night and unfurl at dawn following a circadian rhythm. It is believed they do this to follow the sun through the sky and absorb as much light as possible.
– Calathea Peacock houseplants are said to symbolise a new beginning as each day their leaves furl up in the evening and unfurl in the morning. It is said that the phrase turning over a new leaf comes from this behaviour.
Is Peacock Plant The Right Plant For Me?
|Sun & Light|
|Ideal Indoor Location|
|Plant Eventual Height|
|Value To Gardener|
|Habit and Form|
|Landscape Design Features|
|Resistance & Drought-Tolerant|
You May Also Like
Golden Snake PlantEGP2.00
If you’ve never taken care of a plant before and want an easy start, the snake plant is the one for you.
The Sweetheart (Hoya kerrii) Plants are often given as a gift on Valentine’s Day, as they’re believed to symbolize love and devotion.
Syngonium is one of the most popular varieties, with dainty arrow-shaped greenish-white leaves and a dark green border. Striking when potted up into decorative pots and containers.
Peace Lily, a beautiful gift that your loved one can keep.
The King of houseplants!
Ficus Lyrata is an excellent choice as a large tropical plant with gloriously broad leaves for anyone looking to impress their guests or create a stunning centerpiece with any home style.
These plants are thought to bring good luck to the area where they are located, be it in a home, bedroom, or office.
Based on 0 reviews
There are no reviews yet.